Friday, September 17, 2010

First Friday

The week is over! It wasn't too hectic or anything, I'm just glad that I have a ton of free time to do as I please.  I went to the hospital yesterday to get my physical, thinking that I would be able to go to the immigration office immediately after, but no - I have to wait to get my results on the 27th. I don't want to wait that long because I need my alien registration in order to get a cell phone, a bank account, and to get paid (I think).  Trish is urging me to do everything immediately so that I will be safer.

I found an awesome mandu place not far from my apartment. It's cheap, too. I will probably go there way too often - but they are steamed, so that's healthy, right?  Trisha and I checked out a gym near us.  We both want to be fit (her husband is complaining of her weight, she says), so she thinks it will be a good idea to go together.  It is very...unique.  The floor is black and white tile (like a pizza parlor), with blue and red neon lights inside.  The music is like Korean house/techno and there are uniforms - the women wear red shirts with black shorts and the men wear black shirts and black shorts.  Of course, you don't HAVE to wear the uniforms (and if I decide to join, I will opt to wear my own attire).  There is also a place to practice your golf swing - it is strange.

Trisha's daughter, Kona (not sure of the spelling) is precious.  She seems very excited every time I come around.  She doesn't speak English well, but Trisha translates and we have a good time.  She is an only child, so as Trisha is my "anyi," I am Kona's "anyi" (sister).  In fact, I went to Trisha's condo today.  It is so nice.  She has many rooms, a leather sofa, and everything that my apartment does not, haha.  But, I am pleased with my furnishings and do not want to complain because it could be much worse. Trisha gave me a pot to cook rice and other things in because she was afraid I was not eating.  She also taught me how to work my washing machine and brought me plenty of tissues. lol.

I finally found out my mailing address! Here it is: (drum roll)...

Anna O'Kelley
Room # 101
994-6 Yeongdeok-dong Giheung-gu Yongin-si Gyeonggi-do South Korea 446-908

So, now you know it. MAIL ME! (If you mail me, me love you long time :-P )

HEY! Send me photos or article clippings or magazine excerpts or anything that I can decorate my apartment with that reminds me of home. I will love you even longer (and maybe send you something Korean, if I find anything worthy).

No comments:

Post a Comment