Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rollercoaster

My throat tightened; it was hard to swallow.  The lump was not budging as I called Jennifer (from Travel and Teach Recruiting) back to hear the disappointing news.  She informed me that my position at Jayon Language School was no longer available.  After sending my documents to Korea, leaving my apartment and life in Columbia, separating clothes to pack for Korea, the teacher I was going to replace decided she wanted to stay another year.  Nevermind the contract I had signed.  Clearly, it meant nothing.  Jennifer was upset to deliver the news, but reassured me that I was her first priority in placing me in a school in Korea.  I sit in my car as my face heats up, my eyes relent and tears fall.  My heart drops to think that I have to stay in Walhalla even longer than expected.  What if I don't get a job anytime soon?  Where do I go from here?


After days of borderline depression, lying around, hunting for meaningless jobs, I decide to be proactive.  I contant a friend of my sister's to find out how he got to Korea and he sent me to an amazing website.  Instantly I go to the website and place my resume.  Within two hours, I have around eight emails and two phone calls.  This whirlwind overwhelmed me when offer after offer came in.  Now, I have a position in Incheon, an offer (and pending interview) for Suwon and Jeonju.  How am I ever going to make this decision?! I hate making choices and I don't want to leave any schools with a sour taste in their mouth towards me.  But I guess it's all up to me? This is going to take some time. I feel a loyalty to Jennifer with Travel and Teach Recruiting, but I am only waiting on a contract with JJ Recruiting for the position in Incheon. Too many avenues!

No comments:

Post a Comment