Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just Wait

Here I am, three days from my initial date to ship off to Korea, and yet I am stuck in Walhalla biding my time until the Korean Immigration Office speeds up and gives me my issuance number. After sending my documents via "overnight" UPS on a Monday, they arrived that Friday. I then received an email from Jennifer saying that my school submitted the documents to Korean Immigration, but the office is so busy, it will take 10-15 days to process. She then stated that the expected date would be no later than August 15. However, I have yet to hear word on the status of my documents or anything. A little worried? Yes. Anxious? Yes. Nervous? Yes. I have yet to begin packing (although I tell everyone I'm going to start a list)...I just have no idea if I can pack from an entire year and not leave anything. Plus I feel a lot of things are going to be happening this year that I will miss out on: Karrie and Trey's wedding, Shugart's law school graduation, her bar examination, Michelle's graduate school graduation...I'm probably missing something significant. Although I will be out of the country for these momentous milestones in everyone's life, hopefully they will forgive my absence, as I, too, am embarking on something momentous...they know I love them and wish to be there! (And I wish for them to come to Korea, too....MICHELLE!!)


Just a week ago, I spoke with a guy that returned from South Korea not too long ago. He said he had the time of his life; so, I'm thoroughly looking forward to beginning my adventure. Oh! On another note, a guy I know has an uncle who is a principal at a school in either Dubai or Abu Dabi in the UAE. What an awesome connection to have in the off chance that I will be able to teach in the Middle East. A dream come true! I've decided my profession should be a traveling teacher :)

No comments:

Post a Comment