Monday, February 7, 2011

Settling In

Despite living in Charlotte for a few weeks now and having every intention of staying here at least three months, I have yet to unpack. I am living out of my suitcases. In reality, I'm not even living out of my suitcases. I have a few outfits that I rotate and other than that, I'm either in work clothes, or sweatpants and a tee shirt. My puppy Stoli doesn't need me to be dressed up to impress. :)

I've been serving at Big Daddy's Burger Bar for three shifts. I haven't really made that much money, but we haven't been extremely busy, either. Sunday was the superbowl and today was not very hoppin' either.  Especially since I had one table of three ladies sitting at my corner booth (able to sit 5 to 8) for over an hour and a half...thanks for the measly tip, gals.  I had the chance to talk to Joel, our assitant manager and director of operations.  I told him I was interested in moving up the chain or possibly owning my own pub/restaurant one day and he proceeded to tell me the steps he took...starting out as a lowly server just like myself.

It's been two weeks and two days since my interview with Denver Teaching Fellows.  At the event, the staff said we should hear back within three weeks, but sometimes it takes longer when they are trying to track down references and such. So, I'm thinking, maybe, the longer it takes for them to get back to me, the better my chances are. Is that wrong logic? I certainly hope not.

Today is Stoli's (my puppy) 11 week birthday. Happy Birthday, Stoli!! :)


She's a cuddle bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment