Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Romanticizing

They always say, "you never know what you had until you lost it." I don't know how accurate this saying is because, of course, whenever you don't have something, you romanticize the memory. You forget the bad qualities that made you leave your ex-boyfriend, or the bad memories that made you move from one city to another.  This is my feeling towards Korea.  Recently I have been missing it more and more.  Not to mention, I'm currently watching this episode on Travel channel about food in Korea. I miss the people (mostly Trisha and her family), and the lifestyle. I miss the food. I miss the novelty.  Maybe I can find a job there that isn't too bad. Plenty of people stay there years and years - they have been lucky finding good jobs. I need to go with someone - not be there by myself - or somewhere there are other English teachers. That was my mistake.

But I don't miss the superficiality. The awkwardness trying to understand people.  The pushiness of Koreans. Being lost all the time...these things I don't want to remember, but must keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment