Friday, December 31, 2010

Krazy Koreans

Koreans are crazy...with a capital K.

I went to Insadong and Dongdaemun Market with two of my co-teachers and one of their daughters. It started out fun, although the one co-teacher (we'll call her B) I can't stand. She calls herself a powerful woman - "ajumma." Okay, cool. Anyways, these shopping malls are nothing like the malls in America. I wish I had my camera with me because these places are zoos! There are no dividers separating one stall from another. These stalls are filled with cheaply made in China trinkets that are vastly over-priced. The clothes are either full of Mickey Mouse faces, straight from the 1800s, or completely "furred out." The ajumma was trying to get me to buy so many fur-lined things. Not my style - plus (little does she know) I'm leaving Korea in a few days, I don't want to add more things to pack. While walking the streets of Insadong and Dongdaemun, I heard "Baby got Back," "Love the Way You Lie," and the "Cupid Shuffle." Krazy Koreans.

On the way back (we took public transportation), my advice was ignored on what bus to take and we followed the ajumma. What does little ol' Anna from America know about Korean transportation? Well, following her directions, we ended up having to walk almost a mile in 12* weather with an even colder wind chill factor and take a taxi. But, lo and behold, Anna's directions were correct and would have saved us from walking and taking a taxi. What the heck.

It was extremely sad to tell Trisha that I am leaving. It's tough - she took me under her wing when I knew nothing of Korea and helped me through so many things. She's an angel and we'll always be sisters :) I can't wait to come back to visit her and maybe she'll come to America to visit me. She was extremely supportive - no matter how upset she was. That's encouraging.

On the final note - I booked my flight to Charlotte. I'll be arriving Tuesday, January 4 at 6.03 am. :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!!
    New Year's 2011 Fireworks Celebrations Around the World
    http://fireworks2011.blogspot.com/
    Demo on YouTube
    http://youtu.be/sDlFKY8JdEU
    http://youtu.be/QlQ3b0TfiFM
    http://youtu.be/FB7Wr_tfkFM

    ReplyDelete