Saturday, October 16, 2010

Update

So, I realize that I have been slacking on blogging. My work load has gotten larger, so whenever I get home, I'm pretty tired.  I know regularly stay until 10pm teaching.  I have quite a few middle school students.  It is amazing how some of my elementary students are far surpasing even the middle schoolers. Anywho - here are some small updates.

- Trisha quit the institute and is now working at a Kindy institute.
- The Kindy institute where she works wants to hire me when my contract ends with this one.
- Apparently we (the teachers) have to sweep and mop the floors of the institute daily.
- Any suggestions I have given to better the institute have been blatantly ignored.
- I get students in different classes daily. Or sometimes the classes don't meet at the last minute. Or I get a new class at the last minute, so preparing lesson plans is pretty much futile.
- Every day is a struggle not to scream because my schedule was once again changed.

- I have a 9 year old (little Andy) who can spell cupboard, mountain, etc and hold a decent conversation with me in the same class with another 9 year old (big Andy) who cannot spell red and only says "teacher monkey." This is purely because big Andy's mother no longer wants him in phonics class, so the director/boss obliged her and as a result, nothing is getting accomplished because I try to help big Andy, but he still doesn't get it, and the material I try to use is too easy for little Andy, so he blows through it in mere minutes then is bored and runs around giving big Andy the answers.

Frustration.

On the bright side - I now have a cell phone and bank account, but still haven't gotten paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment