Friday, September 10, 2010

Home Sweet Home

...at least for the next year.  I arrived in South Korea around 8 pm Friday (South Korea time).  I flew from Charlotte to Chicago to Tokyo, and finally into Incheon, South Korea. Over 24 hours of traveling and then another 2 hours from the Incheon Airport to Yongin (where I am staying).  The stereotype of bad Asian drivers is quite accurate.  The man who picked me up scared me quite a few times.

The weather here has not stopped raining.  I was told that it has rained for 3 days straight with only 1 day of sunshine before then.  Hopefully that will clear up soon.  I have never lived in another country, only visited, so this is very different. I'm excited, but at the same time - not.  I cried last night after I arrived at my apartment. Maybe it was a mixture of emotions. But I'm sure I will love it once more time has passed and I'm adjusted.

I'm supposed to have an "orientation" today at 2, so I will be picked up by a teacher who speaks English (I don't think my director does).  I live within walking distance to the school, as well as E-Mart (like Walmart), a coffee shop, and a bank - so it's a good location.

My apartment is tiny, but that was to be expected. I have pink sheets on my hard, twin sized bed - I will have to get new sheets. I am somehow stealing wireless internet from somewhere. I'm not complaining, and I hope it continues to be that way for the rest of my stay.  I just have to find an adaptor so I can charge my computer and skype away! PS - my skype account is okelleyas. Hit me up!




Here are the first photos of many to come.

3 comments:

  1. so do you just stand in your bathroom and ur shower head is connected to your sink and you have one big drain on the floor? that's what trey told me he thinks is the design but i wanted to make sure. also- do u have a dryer? u have a pretty cool view though it seems...

    ReplyDelete
  2. but i forgot u said u hardly use a dryer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No clothes dryer, I have to buy a clothes rack and hang them up. And yea, haha, there is just one drain in the floor. There is a knob on the sink that I have to turn to redirect the water to the shower head. It's crazy, but the water pressure is decent, so I can't complain :)

    ReplyDelete