Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Day

So, today was my first day exploring on my own.  I thought I was lost for a minute pretty much as soon as I walked out of my apartment, but I found my way soon enough.  I went to the E-Mart to get some essentials, but all I ended up getting was toilet paper, some cleaning supplies, and an air freshener.  I'm taking baby-steps. I still haven't worked up the courage to go to a restuarant by myself to order some food.  There is a noodle place almost directly in front of my apartment, so maybe I will go there sometime - I do love some noodles.  Even going into places like Dunkin Donuts or the BCP Chicken place is intimidating.

I am going to see a movie today (an American one) with a teacher who speaks English at my school. Her Korean name is Chong-wha (I probably didn't spell that correctly).  She asked me to give her an American name, so I'm working on that. I think she may have settled on Jennifer, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll have to ask her later.

School starts tomorrow. I'm really anxious, excited, and nervous.  I hope the kids like me, and I hope that I do a good job.  I don't want to fail them.

Maybe I will take photos of the city, my school, and the children soon and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment