Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Context and Perspective

In the literary world, context is essential to understand a text.  After some thinking, I whole-heartedly believe that context and perspective are essential to understanding (and surviving) in the real world.  I guess I have been looking at my situation in South Korea in the wrong perspective.  Of course I am going through culture shock.  Of course I am not understanding what anyone is saying.  Of course I am lonely.  But, I must look at things from a different angle. I am getting so many experiences and chances to do things.  A very close and dear friend of mine wrote me a message before I left about a Yogi-ism.  "If you see a fork in the road, take it."  I realize that things may not go as I have planned (getting lost), but something came out of nothing.  At the very least, I learned what bus numbers to take to get to a certain point.  I'm trying very hard to keep my thoughts positive.  One day at a time.

Today, I went to Hwaseong Palace. Here are some photos!








No comments:

Post a Comment