Tuesday, September 14, 2010

And Another one Down

So...Tuesday. I almost over slept for work...at 2!! Who woulda thought? I'm blaming it on me having not adjusted to the time difference yet.  I have 4 classes today - 2 elementary and 2 middle. I was quite nervous about the middle school because we are reading Dracula and there is no set curriculum for it, so I get to do my thing. Which I thought would be easy and I had all these master plans, but that got put on hold because I suppose I didn't take into consideration the reading level of these students.  So all the tasks I wanted them to do will be really difficult, so it's more brainstorming for me. :) Some of the students are just so fascinated that I'm from America they can't quit staring at me.  I've been told on multiple occasions each day, "Teacher, you pretty" or "Teacher, you so tall and pretty." If that isn't a morale booster, I don't know what is! I left today at 8.30 - and my director saw me and didn't say anything.  The general feeling I get is that classes are taught until 10, but if you aren't one of the teachers that has to instruct the students, then you can leave - buuuut I don't want to jump the gun here.

Trisha photocopied some worksheets in Korean for me, so tomorrow we are meeting at 10 to do some work and maybe eat lunch together.  She seems so helpful and excited to help me, which is nice!! I think she is also going to find out where to buy a T-money card and maybe go to Suwon at the big department store. That is where Chong-wha and I went to the movies and they have Chanel, Louis, and other brand names. We'll see if I can afford some expensive piece later down the road.  But for now, I finally have water, so I'm off to bask in the delight that is a warm shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment