Monday, January 16, 2012

Betty Crocker- kinda

Christopher says that specialized kitchen appliances are things that only white people have. For example - only white people want bread makers, salad spinners (ring a bell, sis?), SodaStreams, a separate waffle maker, sandwich maker...whatever. I'm not exactly sure if this is true to form, but he's right about one thing. I want everything "specialized" in my kitchen.

I want a panini press. I want a bread maker. I want a pressure cooker. I want copper cookware (although he says it isn't worth it[the price]...the reviews online state otherwise). I want a large soup/stock pot. I want a griddle. I want a food processor. I want a butcher block table.

All of these things are in my dream kitchen (as well as a double oven and six range stove with a trough sink). If only he had a job that could support me not working...I'd definitely be the next Betty Crocker.

I haven't been able to do as much sewing as I'd like thanks to me working a TON, but I'm just trying to get my finances back to what they were pre-unemployment. I took out over $1000 of my savings during my month long joblessness - I want it back!!

My goal for February - spend an entire month without eating out; I don't want to buy even a $7 sandwich. I guess there is one exception - the days I'm working 12 hours and must eat something while there.

No comments:

Post a Comment