Monday, December 20, 2010

Observations

Sunday I went to a Korean wedding, not a traditional one. More on that in a later blog. Now I want to talk about the observational nature of Koreans. For the most part, I think they are completely oblivious to anything that doesn't relate to them. People (not myself) get drastically different hair cuts and nobody says a word until I say, "Oh, nice hair cut." Only then do they inspect the individual and say, oh..yea that's nice. But Koreans are certain to point out your weight or height. They'll tell you if your skin is bad. On Sunday I was at Trisha's parents house after the wedding and they commented on how I've lost my weight. I was of course beaming at the compliment. Yes, I've been going to the gym, but something must be said for laziness. The fact that I don't have a car to pile bags of groceries in, nor do I have an elaborate kitchen in which to cook is the main contributer to my loss of weight. I assume the copious amounts of walking due to public transportation and the apparent utter catastrophy of eating by yourself has something to do with it, too. Maybe going to the store for only the things you need at the moment is a benefit, even in America? Afterall, you can't eat what you don't have readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment