Monday, December 27, 2010

Foiled

Somebody has a case of the Mondays.

I woke up today to a wonderful winter wonderland. Thanks for being two days late, snow! Regardless, it was great to see it.  I think it makes me ten times happier to walk out my door to snow than to sunshine. Some may think I have lost my mind. But, living in the south my entire life, I guess I enjoy the novelty of the cold weather and snow. Anyways, today started of great. I had my mandu kalguksu for the noodle shop that is closing down in mid-January. I must get my fill before I'm forever deprived.

Today was my bratty first grade middle schoolers. I feel so bad, but even when they start to walk in the door, I feel exapserated and dread my time with them. I got two new students (boys, of course) in that class today, too. But, to my relief, they are amazingly well behaved and actually listen and do my work. So while the other boys are doing whatever they do, I can actually have somewhat of an audience to get my point across and help. I feel useful. I had this brilliant plan today to keep everyone after class was dismissed (because I am their last class) until they did their work. So the two new boys were able to leave early because they behaved and did their work. Then I stood infront of the door like some bouncer. But I really do feel like a bouncer because I'm so much taller than these guys. Oh, I was met with a barrage of complaints from the students, but I didn't budge. Reluctantly, the others began to furiously scribble on the paper I provided for them (because they never bring the notebooks I bought them to class). They half-assed it, naturally. So I still stood like a rock. But then I was informed, "Teacher, we must go to the bus."

UGHHHH! The bus. Drats - my plan was foiled. My one foothold of control slips. I can't keep these boys past the end of class because they have to ride the bus home and their parents will raise Michael Jackson (they're obsessed) out of hell if their precious angels miss the bus. And don't we all know - parents rule the world. *eye roll*

My hands are tied.

[still not paid this month]

No comments:

Post a Comment