Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Frustrated

Wow, so for the past two days, my boss has really been micromanaging me. Yesterday, she complained that I was moving too slowly in my middle school classes.  Just a few weeks ago she was saying that I was moving too fast and some of the students could not understand me and didn't grasp the material.  There is no pleasing her.  She also recommended that I meet with other English teachers and ask them how to teach. I was very offended and told Jung wha.  To which she replied, don't take it too seriously.  Then today the boss comes to me to tell me that I need to have the students write an essay every week.  Really?! That's extremely excessive considering I only teach each class two times a week.  There is no way that she can expect me to have them speaking, finishing the lesson, and writing an essay EVERY WEEK!

First of all, I'm offended that she wants me to ask other English teachers how to teach.  Secondly, she is late again on my payment. Thirdly, I don't see how her expectations of these students writing an essay a week are feasible.  She is not a teacher, knows zero English, yet thinks that this is best for the students.  This is turning out to be a horrible job placement.  I love my students (most of them, anyways), but my boss is irrational, I believe.

Update: She is now interrupting every class to ask the students if I am making them write essays.

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment